Friday, January 21, 2011

Fake Bake

During the winter months my skin gets so white that its gross and you can see my veins. I become a translucent-skinned human. My problem is that I refuse to lay in a tanning booth because I don't want skin cancer/ wrinkles/ gross skin when I'm older. So I decided to share with you what I have been using that makes me have a healthy sun-kissed glow and does not make me look like Snookie.

This St Tropez tanning mousse is good for use all over the body. I primarily just use it on my face (no breakouts!) and will use it every now and then on my arms or legs for special events. The trick to this is to apply it at night and wait until the morning to shower off the excess tan. Ends up looking very natural (after the shower!)
In conjunction with the tanning mousse, I use the MAC mineralize skinfinish in medium dark (The great part about this is that there is no shimmer, so it looks natural). I dust it over my foundation and VOILA! nice looking tan skin.




So here are my steps in getting a tan face:

1. Moisturize, apply mousse. Let it set overnight.
2. Shower. Moisturize
3. Once the moisturizer has been absorbed, apply your regular foundation.
4. Apply MAC skinifinish as you would a bronzer.
5. DONE! Enjoy your tan self!

*The St Tropez I bought through Sephora.com and the skinfinish is sold at MAC stores or at maccosmetics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment